Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I need another vacation

My darling Secret Asian Man's (aka Ed) mother stayed with us for OVER a week for Thanksgiving. While she was an excellent house guest, long visits are still very stressful, and I'm happy to have my house back to myself.

Thanksgiving day was more or less succesful. We hosted 11 people! 11! (Why do I feel like I'm in "This is Spinal Tap"?) The turkey turned out beautiful - we brined it a la Alton Brown's "Good Eats". And we had too many sides and desserts, but is it really Thanksgiving unless there's too much food?

But a whole week without adequate access to the internet was tough. I feel so out of the loop! So I'm frantically trying to catch up on my blogs & fav community site before I head out to do more phoning for Mr L's campaign. Early voting has started, and election day is around the corner! EEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment