Since I've been a casualty of my own clumsiness and not driving (but that's another post), the Office Mama's been driving me in this week. We've talked about:
- high end sex toy shops (I love Tulip in Chicago)
- vaj-dazzlers. According to RK, it's apparently "a thing" now to decorate your lady bits with body sequins. Luckily, he and most of the others who commented find it absurd (I prefer a more understated and elegant aesthetic. If less is more, then none is most.).
Some of the stranger conversations in the office with Mr Coffee and JB have included:
- the vaj-dazzler (it's just too funny to not make fun of!)
- mispronounced words, like "ax a qwershchun", "kerger" (cougar), and windoos (windows)
- the Boondocks and its social commentary
- in depth discussions of race relations
- political history
- why Texas is so f-ed up
- current politics
- the War on Women (and my comment to Mr Coffee that the last time I checked, there were no politicians in my hooha)
- religion (and how I dodged a bullet when asked "And where do you attend services?" You'd be so proud of me! I didn't say "I left the church for a myriad of political and personal reasons, namely the constant spewing of hate from people who claim to follow the teachings of a man who preached love." Instead, I deflected with "My family attends XYZ now."
- body art, and my collection of it and burning desire for more (no, I've not dropped my pants at the office to show some of it off)
- my father (who worked here before I started)
- the complexities of my strange and twisting family tree
- sex ("People like to mate." - JB)
- coffee accoutrements and the virtues of French Press
- gossiping about a certain Tea Party member here
- who's going to babysit for me once Mini-Leah or Mini-Ed is created
- more sex
- and other "taboo" topics that I can't really recall right now
Some days, I'm convinced we're all going to hell. At least I'll be there with some good friends.